This information is given in accordance with the Italian Legislative Decree 196/03 that implements the European legislation (Directive 95/46/EC) regarding the processing of personal data and the consent to their processing as a whole and to their use.
- Types of personal data We collect the following types of information about you when you use our Services:
Optional communication of personal data. Apart from what has been specified previously about navigation data, web users/visitors can decide they want to provide their personal data. Not communicating them only implies that users’ requests may not be fulfilled.
Notice and Consent. You are informed and expressly agree that our services, which are provided free of any charge, may be supported by advertising revenue and may display third-party commercial advertisements and promotions. You therefore agree to receive advertising communications, marketing survey forms, and commercial emails from us.
Expressed consent to the transmission of data to Third Parties. Having regard to point 4, you also acknowledge and expressly agree that your required and optional data may be transmitted to third parties for their processing for specific purposes as stated on point 4 and on the following point 6 (6.1 and 6.2). In addition, you acknowledge and expressly agree that your personally identifiable information as a FreeReporter member, including the contents of your online communications, may be accessed or disclosed in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena); in other circumstances in which we believe the Site is being used for unlawful purposes; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of the user or another person; or when necessary either to protect our rights or property and those of our affiliates, or for us to render the service you have requested.
Methods and purposes of data processing. Data processing shall be carried out by means of operations or set of operations set forth in the Legislative Decree 196/03- namely, collection, recording, organisation, keeping, interrogation, elaboration, modification, selection, retrieval, comparison, utilization, interconnection, blocking, communication, dissemination, erasure, destruction of data and any other operation necessary for us to render the service. you have requested. You are informed and expressly agree that data may be transmitted to third parties, where necessary- with the help of electronic and automated means. The purposes of the processing of personal data are:
- Information provided by you. We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name and email address, when you register to become a FreeReporter member. This information is needed to set up your personal profile. As part of your personal profile, you may choose to submit or incorporate additional information, such as your location, your age, your hobbies and interests, as well as other content, such as photos, music and videos. We request also information from the user on our contribution form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing and verification purposes.
- Navigation data. The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website obtain, during normal usage, certain personal data the transmission of which is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. The personal data relates to internet traffic which, due to its nature, cannot be automatically associated to identified users, but by being processed or associated with data held by third parties, it may allow the identification of users/visitors of the website (e.g. IP addresses).This type of data is only used for anonymous statistic information relevant to website visits or to check that such website is working correctly. Such personal data is stored by us only for as long as it is necessary and in any case in accordance with the relevant laws in force.
- Supplementation of Information. Information about you as a FreeReporter member may be supplemented with additional information, including publicly-available information or comments from other users. In addition, we will collect, by means of electronic automatic methods, data on users’ surfing preferences shown by using our Services.
Overseas transfer of data. To the extent necessary for continuing your business relationship with us, your personal data may be communicated to third parties (generally our partners) situated overseas, whether inside or outside the European Union.
- Providing the services requested by users; verifying the quality and the satisfaction of the services provided; complying with any and all accounting and tax obligations; performing market research and statistics, marketing and product preferences analysis; tracing the perpetrators of any illegal activities only in case of specific requests and in response to the request of the competent Authorities.
- Sending information and/or promotional offers on products, services or initiatives offered or promoted by the Site, by us and/or by our subsidiaries or affiliates as well as by commercial partners, advertisers and outsourcers, with the transfer of personal data to third parties only if expressly authorized.
Invite-A-Friend. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about FreeReporter, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit FreeReporter. We store and only use this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may submit a request that we remove this information from our database via the Contact us.
Links. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by us. Services contain links to other sites and services that are not owned or controlled by us, including our affiliates. Please be aware that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for their privacy practices. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services including third party clients by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, including advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
Testimonials We post users’ testimonials on our Site which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name. We obtain your prior consent to post your name along with your testimonial.
Internet awareness. Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like journals, weblogs, message boards and forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. FreeReporter recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
Choice and Opt-out. Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or materials from our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by changing their privacy settings in the edit profile area on the site.
Modifying Your Personal Information. If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools to access or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account.
Privacy settings. Our Site is primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information you provide to us is information you are asking us to make public. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide public but we generally give you settings to make the information more private if you want, thereby permitting to disclose your profile to registered users only, rather than to the public as a whole, visitors included.
Data subject rights. The people whom the personal data refer to have the right to have it confirmed whether their data exist and are stored or not and to know about their content and origin, to check if their data are correct and to ask for their integration, update or correction (according to Article 7 of the Legislative Decree 196/03). In accordance with that article they can require to have their data deleted, made anonymous or blocked if they are used in violation of the law. Moreover, they can anyway oppose their processing for legitimate reasons. The foregoing rights may be exercised either directly by the user, or by an agent authorized in writing under a power attorney or representation, as provided for in Articles. 8 and 9 D. Decree 196/2003. We also encourage to read carefully the recommendations set out in Resolution on Privacy Protection in Social Network Services available at the following URL http://www.garanteprivacy.it/garante/doc.jsp?ID=1560428
Cancelling membership. You always have the option to cancel your membership at any time. If you are a member and no longer wish to participate in FreeReporter you just need to sign in to the site, click on settings in the section profile and then on disable my account.
Co-branding. FreeReporter may be co-branded with our affiliates & partners.
Data controller, data processors and classes of people in charge. The sole holder responsible for the retention and use of personal data is Stefano Valentino, the personal data will be processed only by the persons that need to access them because of their duties in relation to the purposes of processing of the Data set out above in their capacity of persons in charge of processing of personal data under the control of the Data processor.
- Personally identifiable information collected in connection with your use of our Services may be stored in Italy or other countries where we or our partners, affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. By using the Services, you expressly agree to the transfer to the European Union and elsewhere of the personally identifiable information you provide us. By publicly posting information on the Services, you also certify that your posting conforms with all local data protection laws.
© 2011-2013 Stefano Valentino, Reporters for Interactive, Collaborative and Specialized Information (RICSI) All Rights Reserved -- Copyright notice by Blog Copyright