This information is given in accordance with the Italian Legislative Decree 196/03 that implements the European legislation (Directive 95/46/EC) regarding the processing of personal data and the consent to their processing as a whole and to their use.
- Types of personal data We collect the following types of information about you when you use our Services:
- Information provided by you. We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name and email address, when you register to become a FreeReporter member. This information is needed to set up your personal profile. As part of your personal profile, you may choose to submit or incorporate additional information, such as your location, your age, your hobbies and interests, as well as other content, such as photos, music and videos. We request also information from the user on our contribution form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing and verification purposes.
- Navigation data. The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website obtain, during normal usage, certain personal data the transmission of which is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. The personal data relates to internet traffic which, due to its nature, cannot be automatically associated to identified users, but by being processed or associated with data held by third parties, it may allow the identification of users/visitors of the website (e.g. IP addresses).This type of data is only used for anonymous statistic information relevant to website visits or to check that such website is working correctly. Such personal data is stored by us only for as long as it is necessary and in any case in accordance with the relevant laws in force.
- Supplementation of Information. Information about you as a FreeReporter member may be supplemented with additional information, including publicly-available information or comments from other users. In addition, we will collect, by means of electronic automatic methods, data on users’ surfing preferences shown by using our Services.
- Providing the services requested by users; verifying the quality and the satisfaction of the services provided; complying with any and all accounting and tax obligations; performing market research and statistics, marketing and product preferences analysis; tracing the perpetrators of any illegal activities only in case of specific requests and in response to the request of the competent Authorities.
- Sending information and/or promotional offers on products, services or initiatives offered or promoted by the Site, by us and/or by our subsidiaries or affiliates as well as by commercial partners, advertisers and outsourcers, with the transfer of personal data to third parties only if expressly authorized.
- Personally identifiable information collected in connection with your use of our Services may be stored in Italy or other countries where we or our partners, affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. By using the Services, you expressly agree to the transfer to the European Union and elsewhere of the personally identifiable information you provide us. By publicly posting information on the Services, you also certify that your posting conforms with all local data protection laws.